The main goal of EUCALAND: Strengthen the research on Agricultural Landscapes in Europe. Therefore:
- To develop a methodological approach to the description, history, classification, assessment, planning & policy of European agrarian landscapes
- To develop toolkits for the description, history, classification, assessment, planning & policy of European agrarian landscapes
- To provide contacts for common projects - Networking with people and organisations in Europe
- To disseminate the project findings (methods & toolkits) to different groups, like:
UNESCO, CoE, IUCN, WWF, FAO
The European People
- To concentrate efforts, research and ideas on Cultural and Agricultural Landscapes in Europe.
- To conduct or participate in research and practise orientated, interdisciplinary and international projects.
- EUCALAND sees one of its tasks in bringing together people, organisations and initiatives working on that topic. Therefore it is itself member in other organisation who take care of cultural landscapes in Europe. It is one of the founding members of CIVILSCAPE and the German Forum Cultural Landscape (Deutsches Forum Kulturlandschaft).